Nursing Clinical Director – ANZSCO 134212
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates nursing programs and clinical services in a hospital, aged care or other health service facility, maintains standards of nursing care, provides leadership to ensure an appropriately skilled nursing and midwifery workforce, and contributes to health service planning. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Director of Nursing
- Senior Nurse Manager
- Assistant Director of Nursing
- Deputy Director of Nursing
- Executive Director of Nursing
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: ANMAC
Group: 1342 Health and Welfare Services Managers
- plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the professional and administrative aspects of health and welfare programs and services.
Nurse Managers are excluded from this unit group. Nurse Managers are included in Unit Group 2543 Nurse Managers.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 134211 Medical Administrator (Aus) / Medical Superintendent (NZ)
- 134212 Nursing Clinical Director
- 134213 Primary Health Organisation Manager
- 134214 Welfare Centre Manager
- 134299 Health and Welfare Services Managers nec